Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Chihiro In The Making (Cont)


Oh Mr Bean, it's been a long time.

As promised, I am back to update on how I make my very first AFA costume!

Recap: There are a total of 6 items to make for this outfit.

1. Undergarment
2. Inner Mompe
3. Working Jacket
4. Outer Mompe
5. Sash
6. Tasuki Cord

Bold are the ones I will be touching on this post. The rest can be found at my previous post.

Inner Mompe (1-1.5m of white fabric)

There wasn't enough fabric to make a mompe. Hence, I made a pair of shorts with the remaining white fabric I had. *If you have enough fabric, do make a mompe. :)

Refer to DIY pants on how to make the mompe/shorts.


 
I totally forgot to take photos while making the shorts.
Just follow the link I have provided above on how to make the mompe. If you're lack of fabric just like I was, you can shorten the length of the mompe.


Working jacket (1-1.5m of pink fabric)


 
1. Do a rough pattern on how you want your working jacket to be. Then cut the pattern on the pink fabric. (My working jacket pattern is as the image above. The folded area is from the shoulder to arm length. Therefore, the side seams are open.)

2. Sew the sleeve leaving the side seam open.

3. Hem wrist area and bottom.


4. Hem the side seam individually. (Sides are not sew together. It will be an opening at the side seam.)

5. Make a small triangle cut at the arm area.


6. You can hem the rough edges. (Optional)

Then you're done with the working jacket.


Sash (0.5-1m of red fabric)

1. Cut out a rectangular piece of red fabric measuring 40" by 7".
2. Fold the fabric making the width be around 3.5".
3. Sew the open area.
4. Turn the tube inside out and sew the sides.


Tasuki cord (1-2m of white fabric)

1. Cut out a rectangular piece of white fabric measuring 2m by 4".
2. Fold the fabric making the width be around 2".
3. Sew the open area.
4. Turn the tube inside out and sew the sides.


Truly sorry for the lack of photos while doing this project. I am so caught up that taking photos wasn't my priority. Kept telling myself to take photos but sometimes I just forgot? I will try to upload photos of the final products as soon as possible!!! If you're curious, you can check my INSTA! Anyways, I can't wait for AFA to come so that I have photos to share with you. Hopefully there are plenty of Haikyuu stuffs for me to buy. :D Till then!!!

XOXO,
Mahirah

Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels