Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Chihiro!!! DIY for AFA

AFA is coming!
I am planning to cosplay as Chihiro from Spirited Away~ HEHE.

I promised to explain to you in the simplest way on how I make the costume.

There are a total of 6 items to make for this outfit.

1. Undergarment
2. Inner Mompe
3. Working Jacket
4. Outer Mompe
5. Sash
6. Tasuki Cord

Bold are the ones I will be touching on this post. The rest would be up in the upcoming posts.

Undergarment (2-2.5m of white fabric)

*Front bodice will have two patterns while the back bodice only requires one pattern.

1. Roughly sketch a front bodice pattern using a normal shirt as guidance (The curve for the collar will be more steep as compared to normal shirt. Refer to any Chihiro costume pictures to get inspirations.)
2. Copy the pattern on another piece of paper, however extend the center front by 2-3". Adjust the collar making it look similar to a yakuta.
3. Label pattern with an extended width as front (right) and the other as front (left)
4. Sketch a back bodice pattern using a normal shirt as guidance
5. Label fold at center back



6. Cut out the fabric using the patterns


7. As always, sew the shoulders together

8. Make a sleeve pattern (the width of the sleeve to be thrice or four times your arm circumference)
9. Sew the sleeves to the arm holes
10. Sew the side seams
11. Cut out a long piece of fabric (width is 4")

12. Attach the piece of fabric to the collar
13. Hem all the loose ends

14. Attach a white ribbon around the undergarment (Align the ribbon about 4-5" above the bottom)



 Outer Mompe (1m of pink fabric)
 Refer to DIY pants on how to make the mompe.

*Instead of a normal pants, this mompe has a curve opening at the side. Hence cut a curve at both sides of the pants.




* Hem at the bottom leave about 2" unsew to insert elastic

*Fold about 0.5-1" at the waist area to insert pink ribbon (there wasn't enough pink ribbon hence I use red) 




End product:



Hey guys, I will write a new post on how to make the rest of the items. I hope to upload them before next week! Wish me luck since I am a terrible blogger.

Till then, take care.

XoXo,
Mahirah


Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels