Wednesday, November 2, 2016

I missed a month?! (Gathered Skirt- Easy)

Hi!
Tada! My skater dress with lace~

I cannot believe that I skipped an entire month. OMG. I am so sorry for the late update. Let's not waste anymore time and get started!!!

Materials:
1. Fabric (0.5-1.5m)
2. Elastic band
3. Sewing machine
4. Thread (Similar colour to fabric)

Cutting the fabric:
1. Measure your waist circumference (W.C)
 
2. Cut the fabric with the measurement as followed: W.C x 2 by Your Choice of length

3. Cut the elastic band   (W.C - 1")

Assembling:
1. Fold the fabric into half (right sides facing each other)
2. Sew the ends of the fabric
3. Hem the bottom

4. Fold in 1" from the waist area

5. Sew around the waist area leaving about 3" wide

6. Insert the elastic band into the unsewn waist area until it meets the other end of the elastic band


7. Sew the ends of the elastic

8. Sew close the waist area

End product:


I also made a matching shirt to go along with the skirt! HEHE!

This skirt is really quick and easy to make. Of course, there is a professional method to make a gathered skirt. However, if you're new to sewing and want to try making a skirt, this method is the one you should try! I made this skirt in less than 30 mins. LOLOL. If I can do it, you can too!
 
Recommended Drama: Jealousy Incarnate/ Don't dare to dream
 
The main actor has done a fantastic and brilliant job in portraying Lee Hwa Sin.
There are 4 more episodes left before the drama ends.
Disclaimer: The first 4episodes are weird but the following episodes are great.
Especially those who are seeking for a comedy genre, this drama is perfect for you.
  

Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels