Friday, May 6, 2016

Part 2: Peplum top with bell sleeves

I just checked that it's been over a month since I last updated!
At least I am back! Oh and I can't wait to sew from one of the books! HEHE.

This is my first time making a pattern without using any measurements from a shirt or myself.
I was basically using my own imagination while doing the pattern. HAHA.

Step 1: Making the pattern

I just found out how useful french curve is when it comes to making pattern! Thanks to french curve my pattern turns out well!

 The base of the top was around 9". Using the base as a guideline, I make the armhole using the french curve.

 As for the neckline, I drew two different curves to differentiate the front and back of the top.

Tada~ The bodice pattern is done!

As for the sleeve, instead of the normal straight end, made a curve.

As for the width of the sleeve, I made it wider as the sleeve goes down.

Step 2: Attaching the pieces together

Before you start sewing, pin the various patterns to the fabric and cut accordingly.
With the fabric cut out, you can start sewing.

As usual, sew the shoulder area first. Afterwards, attach the sleeves to the armhole and sew the sleeves. Lastly, sew the side seams.

Step 3: Cutting out the skater skirt

Measure the waist of the top. Using the skater skirt measurement app, cut out the skater skirt. Since I am making a peplum top, the length of the skirt doesn't have to be very long. In my case, the length was around 4-5".  You can refer to my previous post (Circle Skirt) how to cut out a circle/skater skirt.

This is a terrible photo. I took a photo without finish cutting out the skirt. Can you spot the mistake? HAHA.

*If you want the peplum top to be slightly different than usual, add a few more inches to the waist measurement. This allows some room for few pleats which I managed to do so!

Step 4: Assembling and final touches

Attach the skirt to the top. Since I added a few inches, I did few pleats to the front of the top while leaving the back of the top as usual.

Lastly, hem the raw edges of the sleeves, neckline and skirt.

So after eyeballing everything, how did the top turn out?

I think it turned out alright. It would be even better if I had used a top for reference. Well, ironing will also help. HAHAHAHAHA! I can't wait to wear this top tomorrow! I shall upload some pictures of myself wearing this top! Since I can't sew, maybe I shall post pictures of myself wearing my own creations.

Oh Why. Oh Why did I stop blogging when it's so much fun!!! I hope to be able to sew a simple project this coming Sunday before leaving for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day!

Let me take this opportunity to wish A Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful and lovely mothers all around the whole! :D
Recommended anime: Another

Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels