Sunday, March 20, 2016

Upcycled~

Hi!
What are humans? When there's shawdowhunters world.

While cleaning up my room, I found a pile of old clothes which were donated to/by me. Since clothes are originally made from fabric why not used them to make something simple and useful? So today, I'll be guiding you on how to make your very own pouches for keeping your sanitary pad and a pack of tissues! Interesting? HEHE. Let's get started! ^^

Materials:
  • 2 Different Clothes/ Tops
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine
  • Marker/ Chalk
  • Your preferred sanitary pad
  • A packet of tissue

Sanitary pad pouch

Measure and mark out 5"x5" on both clothes.

Cut out the squares (5"x5" measurement). 

With the two squares facing with the right sides together, sew all four sides leaving about 3cm open.
 

Turn the square piece inside out and do a straight stitch all around sides.

Measure and mark out 8"x5" on both clothes.

Cut out the rectangles and with the right-right sides facing each other, sew the four sides leaving about 6cm open.

Turn the rectangle piece inside out and do a straight stitch all around the sides.

Place the square and rectangle pieces together with the outer layer facing each other.

Sew the three sides to form a pouch.

Turn the pouch inside out.
Cut out 1"x3" piece of fabric and make a button loop.

Sew the button loop to the rectangle piece of the pouch.

Attach a button to the square piece of the pouch.

Finally, you're done!!!


Tissue packet pouch (1st Version)
     Measure and mark out 6"x4.5" on both clothes.
     

    Cut out the rectangles (6"x4.5" measurement).

    Sew all the four sides leaving about 4cm open, with the right side of the rectangles facing each other.

    Turn the rectangle piece inside out and do a straight stitch all around side.

    Fold the rectangle into half (3"x4.5") with the outer layer facing each other.

    Sew along one of the 3" sides.
    Sew along the 4.5" side, leaving 1" unsew at the top.

    Turn the pouch inside out!

    And you're done!!!


    Tissue packet pouch (2nd Version)
    Measure and mark out 5"x7" on both clothes.

    Cut out the rectangles (5"x7" measurement).

    With both the rectangles facing right-right side together, sew all the four sides leaving about 4cm open.

    Turn the rectangle piece inside out and do a straight stitch all around side.

     Fold 1.5" from the right of the 7" length and another 1.5" from the left.
    Sew down the folded sides.

    Then turn the pouch inside out.


    And you're done!!!



    Notes

    *The measurements given by me are based on the sanitary pads and packets of tissue I usually use. Hence, you do not need to follow the exact measurements given by me. You can alter the measurements depending on your own pads and tissues. :)

    *You may use only 1 piece of t-shirt or top for this project. I used two because I wanted the lining to be a different colour from the outer layer. :)


    Although it's the weekend, I have not touch my sewing machine at all to start on any project due to the bad headache I'm having right now. Hence, I won't be uploading any weekend DIY on my Instagram. This also means my blog won't be having any DIY post for quite awhile. Don't worry, I won't be gone for long! I promise to update as soon as possible with new project! HEHE! :D



    Recommended book: Lady Midnight- The Dark Artifices Book 1 (Cassandra Clare)

    Cassandra Clare has done it again. I cried and laughed while reading this book. This book is beyond amazing. Not that her other works aren't. It's just that she's done it way better than her previous works which means she's growing as a writer and I absolutely love and proud of it. And I can't wait for the 2nd book to be out! Patience is virtue! HAHA.

    Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

    Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

    Labels