Wednesday, March 9, 2016

It's MARCH!!!

Hi!
TOTORO~ SO CUTE!!!

I can't believe it's already the third of the month!!! Time flies so quickly that it makes me wonder whether I've been spending my time purposefully or not. Well, looking back at how I've been spending my weekends, I can say that I did not waste my time on unnecessary things. AND that's good news! YAY! Now, let's move on to sewing!

Since it's been awhile since I last updated my post, I will be sharing two of my DIYs with you! First up will be the boxy pleated skirt!

I followed my favourite youtuber on how to make the skirt! All you had to do is have your measurements ready!

Click on the link and follow her steps! You won't go wrong! HEHE.

Let's get started!

Materials: Zip, ~2m of fabric, thread and sewing machine

Following Aya's tutorial, I came out with my own pattern!

Time to cut the fabric! Don't forget to fold the fabric into half! You should have two pieces!
 
I used carbon paper to mark out the different points!

From then, I pin the various points to make it boxy!
Sew across the pins!
 Pins both pieces of fabric and sew one side seamline.

 Cut out the waistband.

Attach the waistband and zipper.

Lastly hem the ends!

You are done!!! YAY!
 
 The reason why it looked so crumpled was I just wore this skirt recently and dump it inside my closet. Only realizing that I haven't took a final photo of the skirt! HAHA!!!

 Trust me that the skirt looks so much nicer when it's ironed! HAHAHA!

-END-

Now we will move on to doing DIY using online pattern!
My best friend birthday was yesterday and I made her a top last weekend. HAHA! It only took me less than half of a weekend to finish a top! Since her and me do not have the same body size, I had to find a pattern with her size. So i used the friendly google and found the right pattern for her!

The pattern which I used is currently free! It's from Deer and Doe.
I find her sewing patterns to be really pretty but kinda pricey for me. If you don't mind spending some cash on patterns, you may want to purchase them! HEHE.

The pattern's name is Plantain T-shirt!

Materials: Printer, A4 papers, ~1.5m of fabric, thread and sewing machine

I did not take photos while doing this because I was so focused on making sure I did not screw up afterall it's a birthday present! HAHA. You don't have to worry since the instructions given were clear, you will be able to make it!
 
Do not resize ot rescale when printing since it could affect the size pattern!

 After printing, put the papers to it's respective positions! Once you're done, use tape to secure them!

Cut out the respective patterns.


Pin the patterns on the fabric and cut them.

When it comes to make any top/ dress, it's always the shoulder where you begin sewing!

Now all you have to do is follow the instructions given and you will get yourself a nice T-shirt.

The end product is really pretty so I hope that you will also download the pattern and make it your own! Wishing you all the best! Also thank you so much Deer and Doe for the free pattern! Oh, my friend likes the present! HEHE.

That's all my fellow readers! Till then~

Recommended song: Lee Hi- Breathe

Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels