Monday, February 1, 2016

DIY: 3/4 Pants

Hello!
 These triplets are the cutest ever!!!

Hey guys, yesterday I finished sewing a 3/4 pants! Woo-hoo! I wasn't planning to sew pants with the fabric I bought till I realised that I have very few pants in my closet. So I told myself: Why not. To be honest, before starting any DIY projects, I am afraid of messing up since the outcome might not be as good as I wanted it to be. However it's always better to give it a try than never!


Let's get started~

First and foremost, I took out my all time favourite pants. Although it's been a long time since I wore this pants, I do love it. It's super comfy since it's huge. HAHAHAHA!
 

Fold the pants into half and trace out the front pattern.
Then do the same for the back.




Don't forget to add seam allowance at all the sides. I added about 1" allowance.


The fabric I'm using for this project is Linen. HEHE. I bought 2yards of it.
You can start cutting out the pattern! You need 2 pieces for FRONT & BACK respectively. Hence, you will have 4 pieces after cutting out the pattern.


Firstly, I sew the front center seam and back center seam. This is to attach the two pieces of the FRONT & BACK. 


Next I sew the inner seam and outer seam.  (RIGHT-RIGHT side)



Now it's time to create the waistband.
I measured the waistline from the pants which I sew together (around 30"). I wanted the waistband to be 3". Hence the measurement for the waistband was 30+2" by 3x2+1".


Then I attached the waistband to the pants by sewing the bottom seamline to the pants. Afterwards, I sew the top seamline to the pants. (RIGHT-RIGHT side)


Well if you want to have pockets, I suggest that you sew the pockets to the BACK of the pants before sewing the inner and outer seam of the pants. It's much easier that way. I decided to add pockets way too late. HAHA. Hence, it's much more tedious when it comes to sewing the pockets to the BACK.


I have a pocket which I removed from my old jeans, so I just traced out the pattern on the fabric.


After cutting the pocket pattern, I folded the seam allowances and sew the pocket to the BACK of the pants.



Yay! My pair of scissors can be put inside the pocket!!!


Lastly, I decided to add belt loops to the pants.
I cut out 3pieces of 2" by 4".


I folded each fabric into two parts and sew them to the waistband.



Finally, it's the final step! Hem the ends!!! We are done!!!


 So how did I go?



My pants look so crumpled. HAHA. Anyways, I am happy with the outcome. My pants not only have pockets but belt loops too! Wee~

I hope this post will be helpful to those who want to sew pants! :)


Btw, I've uploaded 2 videos to my youtube channel, 2misfitchers!

Lots of love,
Mahirah


Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels