Saturday, December 8, 2018

DIY Christmas Snow Globe

Since Christmas is coming, what other perfect timing is it to make some simple, cheap and easy DIY gifts!

Today, I will be teaching you how to make Snow Globe in the most cheapest and simplest way! I am aware that there are plenty of tutorials on this DIY. However, I decided to make my own since some materials are not available in my COUNTRY (Singapore)!

Let's start!!!

Materials needed:

  1. Clear Liquid Glue (IT HAS TO BE CLEAR! NO WHITE GLUE!) - Daiso
  2. Warm water - Home
  3. Mason Jar/ Sauce Jar - Daiso/ Home
  4. Glitter - Popular bookstore
  5. Metallic Confetti (Optional) - Daiso
  6. Small figurines- Daiso
  7. Super glue/ Hot glue - Value dollar
Total Costs (3 snow globes): ~$12









Step:

Use super glue and stick the figurine to the jar cap.
Leave it for about 6-24hours. (I only waited for 6 hours for my figurine to stick!)


Check if the figurine stays on the jar cap when it is tilted upsize down. (I didn't take photo with the snowman so the figurine is Santa instead! LOL.)
If the figurine stays, you can start to pour glue into the jar. I pour about 1/2 of the jar, you can add more if you! (If you add more glue, the slower the glitters will take to settle to the bottom of the jar!)



Sprinkle some glitter and metallic confetti into the jar. (I feel that I've used too much, so little bit is enough!)



Pour warm water into the jar and leave about 1/8 of the jar empty.
Cover the jar with the cap!
Now, you can begin to shake your snow globe!!!


Tips:
  • You may want to use baby oil instead of glue! It will make the movement of the glitters smoother. (I use clear glue since it is cheaper.)
  • Also distilled water is recommended since it doesn't contain any impurities and the water is cleaner over the time.
  • You can hot glue around the cap so as to prevent the cap from being too loose! (My hot glue wasn't with me hence I did secure the cap!)
  • If you are craftier, you may want to create your own craft using clay! OR you can print pictures then laminate them!

Recommended song:
Airplane by iKon



Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels