Thursday, September 29, 2016

Simple Top with ruffle lace~

Argh, I am so behind with my updates!!! :(


Here's a quick update. I will try my very best trying to explain because I totally forgot to take pictures while making the top. I suck so badly. :( Sorry. I hope you can grasp what I am going to type.

Materials:
1. Fabric 1-1.5m
2. Thread
3. Sewing machine
4. Lace (Ruffle type)

Creating the pattern:
As usual, I take any shirt which I am most comfortable in and use it to trace out my pattern. Copy the front, back  and sleeve pattern. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you can refer to my old post.



Cutting the fabric:

Using the patterns, cut out the fabric. Front x 1, Back x 1 and sleeve x 2.
For this top, I shortened the sleeves length by 3".
Next, cut two rectangle pieces of fabric measuring 4" by 16".
Make a bias tape for the neckline by cutting out a piece of fabric with the measurement of 2" by 22" (It is better for the bias tape to be longer than the actual neckline measurement).

Assembling the pieces:

1. Sew the shoulders with the right pieces facing each other.
2. Attach the sleeves to the armholes.
3. Sew the open ends of the sleeves and the side seam lines.
4. Pin the rectangle piece - 4" by 16" to the end of the sleeve (Create few pleats to match the piece to the sleeve). Sew the pieces together.
5. Hem the ends.


5. Using the bias tape, sew it to the neckline. Cut off any excess fabric.
6. Sew ribbon fabric around neckline with an excess of around 6" long at both of the ends.


6. Lastly, sew lace to the hem.



What's the end result?

 

Isn't it cute? HEHEHE!!!

This is absolutely easy to make! I have worn this top twice because I am so proud of my own creation. HAHA. I hope you can find the courage to make your own top too. Don't hesitate and start now!!! I am always here cheering for those who just begin their sewing journey!

XOXO,
Mahirah

Recommended song: Step Step by Suran

Please visit my youtube channel, mahirah html :)

Hi, I have no idea who is reading this. If you love to sew, DIY and see random unboxing, it will be great if you can subscribe to my chan...

Labels